Monday, January 22, 2007

the weekend is over

greetings travellers.
I went to Enemy in Chicago on Saturday night. I watched Blake of Vertonen try out a new set up. This was the second time I have seen him live and I have been extremely impressed each time, by totally different sets. I also talked to Vadim (shattered hymen) about doing a release on his label. Sexual Freedom opened the show with a fierce wall of sound and black stocking caps too! Illusion of Safety ended the night with over an hour long set (too long in my opinion).
There were moments of really great stuff, but overall I think they noodled around too much.
I will probably be playing a set at Enemy in April. I'll keep you posted.
I will post some pictures of this event this week.
I'm not sure if it's the complete lack of sunlight or just the super speed level of activity I have been keeping up, but I spent the last two days resting and trying to get mentally set.
I did manage to play in the snow with my family for a bit but that just made me sleepy.
This week I will finish up the master for the upcoming compilation cd.
I will also start in on the dreaded tax box. Every year I say, I am going to keep track of this mess better, then Jan. rolls around and I have the same big box of receipts and papers.
This year of course I will start doing a better job.
be seeing you
mykel

No comments: