Tuesday, January 16, 2007

more work

greetings travellers
Today I mailed many a package, out of here today were packages to Japan, Belgium, Italy, and Northern Ireland.
I also worked on several tracks for possible collaborations. These being Estesombelo, Panicsville and Vertonen.
I also completed a 1.8 second loop for a lock groove compilation.
I also finished a track for Le Vestibule Radio show in Canada. More info on this when it is about to air.
Things here at Somnimage are rolling along. I have managed to plan enough releases to keep my busy for 2 years. Sometimes I get a bit of record label burnout and I need to take a break. Recent obsessions are as follows.


Heiko Muller http://www.heikomuller.com/


I bought this painting from Heiko in early December. It should be delivered to me any day now.
I was planning to use it for my "oiseau" 3" cd. I will have to wait and see how the scans look. Either way Heiko is a great artist and a hell of a guy.






Ras El Hanout
http://www.zamourispices.com/raselhanout.html?OVRAW=ras+el+hanout+recipe&OVKEY=ras+el+hanout

This is a nifty little Moroccan spice. Since I started planning the trip to Morocco (and well before) I have been in love with Moroccan food.


In my CD player this week (besides all of the experimental Cd's I listen to most of the day).

Stuart Staples "leaving songs"
Townes Van Zandt (giant 4 CD box set)

Also started reading:
Modern Mind: An Intellectual History of the 20th Century by Peter Watson
Seems to cover a wide variety of interesting topics, guaranteed to help me beat my daughters at Jeopardy.

For my eyes, still watching an episode a night of The Prisoner.

be seeing you
mykel

1 comment:

lisa_emily said...

That painting is lovely- if it wokrs out- it will make a GREAT cover!