Friday, January 19, 2007

urgh: a noise war

greetings traveller.
I have had urgh: a music war on the tv as I worked on photos tonight. I gotta tell ya, if you don't know who Gang of Four is you need to look into it. Always have been one of my faves.
I went to The Empty Bottle Show on Wednesday night. It was nice to see old friends and new. I was blown away as usual by the set IS performed. I will post more photos later as I am still converting the shots from the night. I will tell you this. I was really surprised by Ghost Ice. A great wall of noise act, came on stage wreaked havoc and then disappeared. Impressed as usual with Panicsville. The other performers that night were ok, just not much in the "originality" dept. I will be attending the show at Enemy in Chicago on Saturday night. Vertonen and Illusion of Safety and another artist will be performing. more news soon, many project still in the infancy stages.
Most important of these a split 12" on white vinyl with IS. I will leave you with a few pics of his set.
be seeing you
mykel









1 comment:

lisa_emily said...

A good review, almost puts me in a mood for a noise show- please report back onthe Vertonen show.

Thanks-reading out here in the cold (maybe not as cold as out there).