Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm back

greetings
I have been away from bloggerland for a bit. Here is what has been happening.
I managed to finally lock down the track list for the upcoming compilation cd titled "Radio interference from unknown orgasm". I hope to actually have this off to the press soon. Still waiting on the Francisco Lopez/Mykel Boyd split lathe. Any day!
In the mail this week I got the master for the upcoming split vinyl release with Rapoon. I am blown away by how good it is. More news on this release soon.

It was nice to get hammered by a blizzard here in the midwest this week. I managed to watch
"the science of sleep" and "the grudge 2" both of which kept me entertained.
I am really in love with asian horror films this year. A Tale of Two Sisters is one of my favorites.

Following in the footsteps of Allan Zane from Wyrm News.
I have started working on a new collaboration with Kenji Satori. He is a cyber punk writer from Japan. You can read all about him here. http://www.kenjisiratori.com/
Allan will be releasing WYRM featuring Kenji Siratori 'Artificial Sun' CD on the RoilNoise label very soon.

I will soon be sending the masters for a c-20 cassette tape (yes a tape) to be released on The amazing PsychForm label. No title yet.
Mr. Zane just released 'Gnothi Seauton' a c-20, limited to 50 copies and including a PTV cover!


I'm still digging through Peter Watson's "The Modern Mind". This book has been great in giving me ideas for new sounds and art.

more news soon.
mykel

No comments: