Sunday, August 26, 2007

little show review

greetings
last night I performed for the second time at Enemy in Chicago,IL.
As usual it was a pleasure to be invited. The show started with Terence Hannum creating a nice drone piece using his voice and a little wind blown piano (which I'm sure has a proper name).
I really enjoyed his piece and now I am very interested in hearing his other project Locrian.

You can hear what they do here.
http://www.myspace.com/thelocrian
I was next on the line-up and ended up be very happy with my set. I used recent manipulated field recordings of fire and water, mixed with resonant tones from my old synth. The people who came all seemed to enjoy it, so consider this one a success.
Mora was next. Since this was the first time these lads had played together for many years, I think it went well. Brent Gutzeit hammered (with a bow) away on a many stringed beast, made of piano wires.
Jason Soliday added the pain to this set with hard edged synth blasts. Philip Von Zweck tried his best to keep it all together, although I'm not sure which sounds he was adding.
Overall a nice night, fun to see so many friends.

This week will begin several pre-orders and an announcment of many new limited edition cdr's.
until mid-week
be seeing you
mykel

No comments: