Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Chicago July 5th

greetings.
after a few weeks of downtime here is the rest of the story.
After returning home from Atlanta, I spent a couple of days in Kalamazoo, Mi. I (with family in tow) visited some beaches and one art museum. I did get to see the Lorna Simpson exhibit, I bought a signed copy of her book, making the trip worthwhile.
The morning of July 5th I headed to the airport to scoop up Francisco Lopez and his travel pal Dana. We made it traffic free to Enemy and prepared for the performance. Enemy was DAMN hot on this day (kinda knew this would happen). The show was opened by Jason Soliday who managed to tweak and screech his way to a 20 minute or so performance.
I performed next and was happy with my attempt to lull the crowd into some imaginary abyss. It was an odd performance for me, this was the first time I played at the back of the room with people facing away. This performance was recorded, but I need to see how it sounds to decide for sure if being in the back of the room was a good idea. Lopez went on next and despite his playing through a much smaller system than he is used to, easily took the prize for the night, moving sound all over the room. It was very nice to see so many people out, even nicer some of them purchased some c.d.s.
I took Francisco and Dana to the spot where they would sleep and headed back to Kankakee to prepare for the next nights event.
here are a few pics from the Lopez performance.
be seeing you
mykel








No comments: