Friday, June 22, 2007

small review of Empty Bottle Show

greetings.
Tuesday June 19th 2007, I performed at The Empty Bottle in Chicago.
The evening started off in fine form with Joe and Nicole of Rococo Records feeding me. Nicole also showed me why one should never sit to close to her when she is drinking root beer.
They gave me a BLACK METAL Rococo shirt. You can see it in the photos.
The two bands I was opening for were In The County (from Norway) and The Late Severa Wires (from Sante Fe, NM). I traded cd's and records with both groups. They were all really nice people. The only problem all night came from the almost 2 hour soundcheck In The Country took. I suppose when I go to Norway I will do the same? I enjoyed performing through the Bottle p.a. and my set was well received (but you never know for sure, are your friends gonna tell you you sucked?). Bryan (Is) took some good photos (below) and kept me entertained all night. I was happy to see Ed and Joel from Estesombelo and Sanford Parker come out as well. Overall a great night. Happy to do it again in the fall.



No comments: